Are you looking for an internship/volunteering opportunity?
Do you want to enhance your knowledge and skills regarding women empowerment, advocacy and lobbying, NGO (Non-governmental organizations) project management in a developing world?
Are you passionate to work with victims of trafficking, sexual abuse, violence and others forms of exploitation?
Are you ready to work with a multicultural team of experienced people working for gender equality, women leadership development and micro-entrepreneurship development?
Are you interested to visit a beautiful mountainous country full of cultural diversity along with your learning?
If yes, this is the opportunity for you. Below you will find our internship/volunteer program:
Working at Chhori will give you firsthand experience in helping the victims of trafficking, gender-based violence and sexual harassment. It will also give you insight in the work of national and international NGOs in Nepal. You will get to participate in meetings, workshops and different women centered programs as well as get to learn how to prepare a project proposal and a concept note.
Self-empowerment of the girls and women. To achieve this we are providing them skills and knowledge, which will enable them to challenge the structural discrimination, injustice, violence and exploitation in order to live a dignified life.
The vision statement of Chhori is – A society free from any sort of discrimination against girls and women.
Activities / Programs
- Women Rehabilitation centre (Shelter home ) for TIP victims
- Outreach and Mobile counselling Camp
- Empowerment and life skills Training Program
- Advocacy and lobbying
- Residential/Non-residential vocational training Program
- Operation of Girls Friendly Space
- Girls transformation program
- Formal Education support to the victims of high risks
- Family counselling Program
- School teacher’s orientation program
- Campaigns to stop Violence against women and human trafficking
- Research/ Publication